Stellar Family Orthodontics is the premier provider of Invisalign® First in Snohomish County. The Newest Choice for Childhood Orthodontics
Invisalign® First allows children whose teeth are still growing to use Invisalign® aligners to straighten their teeth. Creating a great smile often involves treating a variety of dental issues early in childhood, many before all of the adult teeth have erupted. Invisalign® First is an early orthodontic treatment that offers parents the option to avoid traditional metal braces for their children.
What is Invisalign® First?
Invisalign® First aligners are:
- Designed to treat a broad range of teeth-straightening issues in growing children, from simple to complex, including crowding, spacing, and narrow dental arches.
- Removable for easy hygiene, making it easier for growing children to brush and floss.
- Designed for comfort – which means no discomfort from rubbing brackets or poking wires.
Why Invisalign® First?
Invisalign® First is used for making various corrections in the positioning of a growing jaw with unique features for dental arch expansion and creating room for incoming teeth.
Invisalign® First can be used to address various orthodontic conditions, such as:
- Arch development
- Aesthetic alignment and crossbite correction
- Overbite, tooth protrusions or interferences
How does Invisalign® First work?
Invisalign® First works by expanding and contouring your child’s jawline through what is known as dental arch expansion. Dental arch expansion involves pushing your child’s teeth over time to increase the width of their dental arch.
The procedure for dental arch expansion starts with a consultation to determine if your child is an appropriate candidate for Invisalign® First. If approved, we can begin taking pictures, x-rays, and impressions of your child’s smile that same day. Information from the imaging, x-rays, and impressions will go to an Invisalign® laboratory where custom Invisalign® First aligners (trays) will be made for your child.
It will take a few weeks until the custom aligners are created. Once the aligners are ready, your child will be scheduled to come back to Stellar Family Orthodontics so we can custom fit the aligners to their smile. Over time, the trays will improve your child’s tooth position and help the growth of their jaw.
Depending on your child’s needs, they may require a full pair of aligners or just one arch alignment. Certain teeth may require attachments to be placed on their surface. Attachments will help direct forces from the aligners to the necessary teeth.
What are the pros and cons of using Invisalign® First?
Invisalign® First provides various benefits to meet the needs of growing children.
Benefits of Invisalign® First include:
- Allowing younger children to receive a similar Invisalign® experience to adults and teens.
- Customized planning around your child’s unique dental needs.
- Treatment for a broad range of orthodontic issues.
- Providing room for incoming teeth without removing surrounding teeth.
- Supporting teeth and jawline formation with preferred aesthetics vs. traditional braces.
- Your child can remove the tray to maintain comfort while eating, drinking, brushing their teeth, or other activities.
- You have to remember to wear your aligners. They will not work unless worn for a minimum of 22 hours per day.
- The clear trays can be lost which will increase treatment time.
- Excellent compliance is required.